Monday, March 24, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF KNOWLEDGE

As a young man who so much loves knowledge and would do anything to seek for it, I got myself hooked up with this internship opportunity. Oh! that’s thanks to Tope (not real name), my new friend.

Yes, I had some hiccups before I was accepted due to perception issue. But at the end, I got the offer.

Starting the internship was exciting for me but on getting my offer letter, the timing was the first sad story. Guess what it was? 8am – 6pm (other time variations might be necessary sometimes). I knew there and then that it might not be very favorable for my personality but couldn’t talk because I wanted to learn. But after some time, I couldn’t bear it anymore and I came to realize that some learning’s can be sour and it’s not everything one can learn.

As a man who is inquisitive about knowledge, I couldn’t stay for a long time on the offer and it affected my relationship with my boss which resulted in an integrity issue. Except you are someone that care less but if you are like me that cares so much about your integrity, please, always be sure and let your reservations be known in any circumstance or job opportunity that comes your way. If the terms are not conducive, kindly say it from day one and if no compromise can be made for you, it is better to walk away.

So guyz, look before you leap so you don’t fall into the not so exciting situation I found myself.

Keep a date with me here next week.

Kindly follow Suhaib Arogundade on twitter @suhaibarogs for insightful issues in Nigeria

Cheers.

Keywords: Knowledge, Internship, Integrity, Relationship

No comments:

Post a Comment